Sunday, July 07, 2013

Book:Chameleon: Awaking

This book has a little bit of a rough opening for me. I am not really a fan of childbirth scenes my self. Never have I  been a fan of them, and  doubt I will anytime soon.
The over all start of the book like the first 50 pages were rough and not the best. But after that I was shocked to say I found my self liking it and getting in to the story. I really started to like the characters. And I also liked the way I was not sure what was going to happen next. But then around page 80 I felt my self slipping back in to the not liking part. Which is sadly were I stayed for the rest of the book. I really wanted to like this and I have high hopes for the writer in the future. But this book is short and does not go anywhere fast. There are to many holes in the story and it sounded just like every YA book I read. There was nothing here that pulled it away from the pack.When I stopped reading it I did not find my self wanting to pick it up again. I was fine with leaving the book were it was.
I would like to read the next book because I think that there is hope out there for these books and for the writer.  I am a true lover of the indie writers but this book is just not doing it for me.I do not write these reviews to make money I write them in hopes that more great books will be written and read.
Over all not really feeling this one.

( YA -13 and up)

Stars: * * 2.4

I was given a copy of the book by the publisher. This did not in anyway effect my review or thoughts on the book

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your honest review. We can't love every book we read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This doesn't sound like the book for me either. Thanks for the honest book review! Sometimes there are just those stories that don't touch us in the right way.
    -Danna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your honest review. I'm sorry this book didn't work for you. I know that some books just don't speak to me either, even though they get rave reviews from other readers. That is the beauty of writing. Different books speak to different people.

    I truly appreciate your honesty in this read, and I hope that at some future date you will give me another try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I will be sure to write back as soon as I can so try to check back. and feel free to ask to me any questions you have :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails