Sunday, January 01, 2012

Book:City Of Ashes

So as some of you might know I really  have a hard time with these books. I love people and the way they are but I hate the story and feel it is a rip off of every book or movie known to most of man. like harry potter and star wars and so on. and where most people can make it their own and make it work some how these books just can't do it. which is why I have a love-hate thing going for the books.and to tell the truth its hard not to love them and its hard not to hate them. Jace is a fun nicely written guy and Clary I like she is not just like every other YA Heroine but she makes the cut of being readable.  but the story is just like.... little bit of a kill me now please. and the way that the people keep dying and coming back is an unfair and the work of a young and unwise writer. but then again some how she makes it work because I will still be reading the next book as soon as I can ( even if I like to wait as long as I can to read her books).
 I do not always like the way the story plays out. it is made to make the read feel things and get mad. it is just  poorly done. These days you see a lot of YA writers who think that death and heartache will get you fans but really I think slowly you will just lose them if you do not do it write. To make someone in the story fall in love or die as to be needed to the story as air its self other wise it will slowly kill the story its self. so it needs to be needed. and I know  I hate to think that the story will slowly get worst, because it seems that books have to darker before they can get lighter.  and I hate to think what will happen in the next books and I am also dying to know what happens with Jace and Clary. and all of this is really pissing me off right now to tell the truth.
I think that books are fun and I like them a lot and hate them a lot but I my self and getting very very happy about the movie and can not wait to see how it will turn out! but back to the book, again
 I liked who this one went to smoothly with the other book and I like how added up. I like the way we see how the shadow hunter world is both bigger and smaller then we thought it was. and I have to say I like the way things coming together. and I really like Alec in this book. He has a brain and that is always something that is hard to find in a side kick. and as for simon I can not say I am so happy, I am waiting to see why that poor kid had to go though all of this because right now it seems like it was all because the writer need to add more pages to the story and it was only thing she could think of. and I feel that as of right now it was just weird.
Over all the books are growing on me more, but I still hate the story.

(YA-13 and Up)
Stars: * * * 3.4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I will be sure to write back as soon as I can so try to check back. and feel free to ask to me any questions you have :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails