Thursday, July 25, 2013

Book: The Rose Throne

I saw this book at the library and was pulled in by the simple and beautiful cover. It seemed like just what I was in need of.  As I started to read this book I got the feeling that some of the ideas and story were taken from history. The king made me thing of King Henry VII.  Which I did kind of liked.  I do think its nice when these kinds of fairy tale books take a page from the real world a little bit. For me it helps the book seem more real.
And I also really liked how the story was about two girls and told from their point of views. I really loved getting to see what the girls thought of each other.  But sadly this book just did not do much for me.  Its really a hit or miss book. And for me the pace of the book was terrible. I could not get in to it. Because it seemed that there was no end. It just went on at the same pace.  The girls did not do very much to change the world around them and there was little to no growth between them. And to be honest I was never sure if the two girls were going to fall in love with each other. But that might just have been me thinking that way.  And I found the way that pretty much everything was put off until the next book really a pain because there could have been more action in this book than there was.
Over all not a book I really liked but I think that there are some out there who will love it or like it.

( YA - 13 and Up )

Stars:  * * 2.6

5 comments:

  1. This one is on my wish list because of the beautiful cover (I'm the cover sucker I know) but now after reading your review I don't think I want it anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a huge cover sucker too! It's really a little sad how much I love a good cover. And if you are one like me I would say wait with this and try something with a story that matches the cover if you can!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      XOXO
      DaydreamerN

      Delete
  2. Sorry you didn't love this one. I like historical fiction, but I agree, it needs to be compelling!
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Timing and keeping the reader invested in the story are hard to do and some books do a better job than this.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Oh, yeah it sucks when this happens :|| sorry you didn't like it. I don't think it sounds like Smething I would like either. Next book, please! Lol

    Dee @ Dee's Reads

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I will be sure to write back as soon as I can so try to check back. and feel free to ask to me any questions you have :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails