Thursday, July 18, 2013

Book: The Diviners

So I'm a big fan of Libba Bray. Though I have not had a chance to read the last Gemma Doyle book.  But when I saw this at the library I put everything I could on hold so I could read it. And I was blown away. This book had everything that a YA book should have. For the first time in a long time I can say that the book was wonderfully written. The first few pages had me. I did not want to put the book down. And I am not a fan of the creepy books. At all. I hate them normally. But some how Libba Bray got me with this one. I has me going crazy. And I loved almost every minute of the book. This is the first book that I can see becoming a YA classic. A book that I will give my kids to read. That is something that rarely happens with me and the books that I read.
The only  two down sides of the book was at times it was a little hard to keep track of everyone and their story line. Though Libba Bray made up for it greatly by having great and smooth character view changes. They seemed so natural. And the creepy violent parts. I know that they were part of the story but some parts of it really did bother me and I did not like them.
Over all  Libba Bray did nothing short of wonderful with this book. I will not waste all of our time with a long review of how wonderful this book is. I would say this is a must read for anyone who can handle the violent and creep parts of the book.

( YA - 15 and up )
Stars: * * * * 4.2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I will be sure to write back as soon as I can so try to check back. and feel free to ask to me any questions you have :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails