Monday, July 08, 2013

Book: Screwed

I really wanted to read this book because its about something that is ripping and has been ripping our world apart. I have known people who would turn their backs on their children if they found out they had had sex before marriage.
As far as the book goes I liked some parts and did not like others. The book for me moved a little to fast. I would have liked it to be a little longer and have it give us a look at Grace's life before it all changed.
But other than that I liked it. I have to say that I did like the way Nick was an ass whole but he was human too. He did think about Grace a little bit and feel for her which I thought was really cool. Though it was not done the best at time I liked the way that we got to see other peoples point of view as well as Grace's. It was a really great use of third person.
As far as Grace's family goes they are pretty crazy and hard to believe yet sadly I know people just like them that would have done the same thing in their place. And that is what I like about this book. I hope that parents will read it and think about what they would do if their child got pregnant. It is also interesting as far as pro-choice and pro-life goes. And I will not get in to my views on that. And I think that best thing that the book taught me is not to judge young girls who are pregnant - not until you know their story and see how hard it is.Sometime we are to harsh on them. So many teens are having sex and even with birth control it does not always work so don't jump to judge.They have it hard enough right now without you. But I think that this book has some good points to it and it well worth the read.  I even think that maybe it might be a good book for children who's parents were teenagers or young when they were born or children who are adopted.Now I make my self clear that not all people would like the book or would want to read it but I think that for most it is worth a try. and if your life story is similar its really worth looking in to.

( YA - 14 and up)
Stars: * * * 3.2


I was given a copy of the book by the publisher. This did not in anyway effect my review or thoughts on the book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I will be sure to write back as soon as I can so try to check back. and feel free to ask to me any questions you have :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails