Monday, September 09, 2013

Book: Forevermore


will start off by saying that the storyline of the book seemed right up my alley from the get-go. A girl in scotland with a ghost. Sounds like my kinda read.
And as I started to read the book my first thoughts on it proved to be even more true than I thought they would be.  I took this book for what it is. And that it a fun ghost love story for the younger YA readers and taking it as that it's a very good book. I like Ivy and felt that though she was a lot like the other main characters I see in YA it worked. And the same thing goes for the other characters in the book. They are not that different. But they made the story fun and gave it a light feel. I really liked how Ivy did not make a big deal about her stepdad or the family. She just took it as it is and tried to think about more useful things.IT did seem a little odd how she was never really scared of anything . Maybe it was the writer trying not to creep the reader out I don't know. But I think it would have been more realistic if she had been just a little more scared and freaked out by the whole thing.
Also I would have liked to feel a little more of her passion for music. But after reading Revolution ( a must read)  it will always be hard for me to find a book that has music in it that I feel is truly has passion.
What was different about this book and really made it worth the read for me was the setting. The creep castle and it being in Scotland was the biggest seller for me. I would have liked the book a little better to tell the truth if I got to read more about the castle and scotland. It was nice to see Ivy learning about it and trying to fit in.
The only real down side to the book was that the ending. I would have liked that to have been rewritten to seem a little more realistic.But over all I found this to be pretty good. I would say that this is a read that some of the younger YA fans.

( YA -12 and up)
Stars: * * * 3.4

I was given a copy of the book by the publisher. This did not in anyway effect my review or thoughts on the book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I will be sure to write back as soon as I can so try to check back. and feel free to ask to me any questions you have :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails