Saturday, August 03, 2013

Book:Indelible

This book took me by surprise. I thought it looked good but I was not really sure that it would be any good. And boy was I wrong. This  book was so  much better than I had though. I was taken it back by the book. I thought that it was going to be much worse. Now that does not mean that the book was great just that it was better than I had thought it would be.
The character of Joy was noting very special. She seemed a lot like the other girls in YA. Not a bad thing because I did like her and I liked her father. But I did not see a lot of change or growth in her. She said almost the same. I would have liked to have seen a little more change in her.
And same thing with Ink.  He did not change a lot and he was a lot like all the guys in YA. The two characters that stood out for me in this book was the Father and Inq. Because they were different and added layers to the book. and we did see how things changed with them as we read the book.I was not a big fan of the love story. I felt that it was a little off in the timing fast. it seemed a little rushed at first. But I did however like the rest of story and I did not really see what was coming. Which that was a big plus for me. Its very hard to find books that throw me curve balls. and this one had a few!
I also found the idea of the book to be pretty interesting. It was different and stayed with. It was really the thing that keep me wanting to read more.
What this book reminded me of in a weird way was City of Bones.  Now they two books are very different but I could not help feeling that they were a lot a like. And I think that many fans of City of Bones will like this book a lot.
The only real down side of this book for me was that it was way to violent for my liking. I'm just not a big fan of lots of it in books. And at many points in this it was not needed I felt. It did not better the story really or add anything to it.
Over all I did like the book and I would say its worth looking in two because it is a fun read with lots of book points. I think that fans of City of Bones will like it and should give it a try. And I do fully plan on reading the next book in the series.

(YA-14 and up)
Stars: * * * 3.4



I was given a copy of the book by the publisher. This did not in anyway effect my review or thoughts on the book.  Thank You to the publisher for giving me this book for an honest review.

4 comments:

  1. interesting, I've never hear of this book before. It sound like something I might like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good book. I think there is a good chance you will like it ;)
      Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  2. Great review, I'm even more excited to read this book after reading your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really good book! I think that you will like it!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      DaydreamerN

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I will be sure to write back as soon as I can so try to check back. and feel free to ask to me any questions you have :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails