Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Book:Breathe

I had heard many good things about this book and had seen a lot of buzz going around for the next book in the series. When I saw it at my local library I thought I should get it and give it a try.
When I read the blurb on goodreads it sounded just like that new CBS show under the dome. So I was pretty doubtful that this book would be really good.
But I really liked it. First off the three characters totally won me over. They all moved the story along and showed us many different points of what is going on. and they were all so different.
There was also lots of character growth and that I really liked.  And I also liked the green message that was worked in to the book. I'm a big sucker for that and this book did a really great job with that.
The only thing that got to me was I felt that there were a few small plot holes when it came to the world building. I wish that there would have been a little more set up about how things work in the pod. I just felt at time like it did not make sense how they would still have movies but then they only read  shakespeare. And then how they had people who worked inside breathe but they never talked about them again? I'm pretty sure once the end of the book came Quinn might have gone to some of them for help as well. Just little things like that did not add up and I found it hard to get lost in the book because of that.  I know that the author could have easily added just a few more details that would have fixed that problem. A little more careful thinking would have gone a long way. Over all I really really like the book. It was almost everything I'm looking for in a good Sci-FI book and a good YA book over all.  I would have to say its really a must read.
And I can not wait for the next book!

( YA - 14 and up )

Stars: * * * * 4.0

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a book I could like, I like the green message :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The green message for me was a bigger seller on the book. Really helped make it more believable and stand out.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I've seen this book around and absolutely love the cover, but I've been a bit scared to read it, because dystopian books are a bit hit & miss for me. But it sounds like it might be one of the better ones out there!

    Amy @ The Reading Realm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very hit or miss with dystopian/sci-fi novels even though I'm a big fan of them. Other than the few little plot holes I found in this it was by far one of the best I have read and I think it is really worth a shot if you are interested.

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I will be sure to write back as soon as I can so try to check back. and feel free to ask to me any questions you have :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails