Sunday, May 19, 2013

Book: Uglies

I tried to read this book about a year and a half ago but could not finish it. But this time it pulled me in and I'm very happy that I tried to read it again.
I really liked Tally and the way she is very human. She does things in the heat of the moment and does not always think it through. i think that is something that is either over done or missed a lot in books.And in this they really show you how she could make the mistakes. It felt very really and the author did a good job making her feel very real and bring her to life in the story. He also did the same with others in the books which really helped bring it to life and bring the read in to the world. A good author makes the reader believe in the people so that feel what - in this case Tally does.
 How ever I did find that there are many problems with the book. Like the fact that its just like all the other sy-fy books you read out there. The people and the message are the same. nothing new is really found in it. and in a way it felt like the author did not know what he was doing or were he was going with the story so he made it just like all the other ones out there. Maybe he will focus on that more in the next book but as far as this one goes it was lacking. And I did have a hard time with that because it is something so key in the sy-fy  genre. and it is something that would have really made this book pop.
over all a good book that I think many in the syfy world will love and have a good time reading. but not really a good book for those who are not big syfy fans.

( YA-13 and up)
Stars: * * * 3.4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I will be sure to write back as soon as I can so try to check back. and feel free to ask to me any questions you have :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails