Saturday, June 22, 2013

Book: Ignite

I was really interested by the idea of this book. I have never read an Angels or demon book other than the TMI books ( if those count). And I thought this one looked really good. And that it would be a really refreshing read since Im so new to it.
But I think I picked the wrong book to start with.I tried really hard to like it.But it just did not do anything for me. The book did have some good points and I did not totally hate it I just think that people who like me have not read or are not really in to the whole angels and demons thing are really going to like it.  I had a hard time with how dark the book was. It was very heavy and at times it seemed to drag on. I think that it was a little to violent. and that is something that I have a hard time with in books and in most things.

I did kind like the new take on the whole end of the world. We are seeing that as a theme lately and this book did have an interesting take on it. I also did like some of the thoughts on angels and demons,Heaven and hell. it was interesting and it worked.I did like the writing and I felt that in a nice way the characters felt almost normal.Which I think the book needed and it really help keep you reading.
I think that fans of these kinds of books will like it and that if you have an interest in it its worth looking in to.I know that lots of people will like this book. Over all not my cup of tea but that does not mean its a bad book.

( YA - 15 and up)
Stars: * * 2.9


I was given a copy of the book by the publisher. This did not in anyway effect my review or thoughts on the book.

1 comment:

  1. I just checked this out on Goodreads, and you're right: it does sound interesting. What a shame it failed to impress, though! The part of the world ending intrigues me, but I doubt I'd enjoy this anymore than you did. I hope your next read's better. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I will be sure to write back as soon as I can so try to check back. and feel free to ask to me any questions you have :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails