Sunday, December 18, 2011

Movie:Cowboys and Aliens

So some of you might have heard of this movie, some of you might not. I had heard of it and  I watched because my brother wanted. and I mean who does not want to see a cowboy fight an alien, its like every little boys dream (  I am a girl but I have a brother and a dad, so growing up I did watch a lot of sci-fi and western movies). and I wanted to see Olivia Wilde in something other then Tron and Butter. and I have to say it was nice to she her in this movie. I over all liked the cast and was very happy and sad to say this movie is nothing like I thought it would be. Their are a lot of haters and lovers for this movie. and I don't know which one I am. I like a lot of it and dislike a lot of it too. Over all I like the people and the story.I thought that at points it was very well done.I liked Jake and they way he handed things. I like how he was to other people and how most of the time he had  a mind and he used it. I  also really liked Ella because she was not like anyone else in the movie and kept everything together and for me that was one way you could tell it was a Si-Fi was by Jake and Ella they had a mind and by the way the acted with each other is one thing you see a lot in great sci-fi movies. And when done right like in this movie it really makes things likable and help moves the story along nicely. I thought that over all it was well done with everyone else to because you really saw people change, you got to see the highs and the lows of this and see how to work with people you so you can get the people you love back.But I do not like  the aliens and the the way at points like felt more like watching a bad horror movie then a sci-fi -western thing. and I think that they way he aliens where was really western. in most sci-fi you see a bad and you get an idea of why they are bad. where in most westerns you just see a bad guy as being bad. a western is more about good and bad where sci-fi is more about life and what really is good and bad. which is why I liked that jake  was  both. it kept everything in check. so in that way the film was good at mixing the two.Well up in till the last battle  in which case it was trying to hard to be to much. to much  of a sci-fi and to much of a western. and let me just say it had me really hating the movie. because some of it was not needed and over all made the film look trashy.   And I did not always like the endless need to be bloodily and gross and there was an endless killing. that to me was just out and out weird. Also  the ending of the movie was not what I saw coming. really most of the movie was not what I saw coming. and I say if you want to see it see its not really a wast of time. But believe me when I say that is  almost R on  last battle.

PG-13
Stars: * * * 3.4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I will be sure to write back as soon as I can so try to check back. and feel free to ask to me any questions you have :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails