Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Book: Rock And A Hard Place

Clearly I had no idea what I was getting into when I started this book. Like I did not know that the name of the book would have more meaning to the story than just of that of an everyday metaphor.
At many times through out reading this book I really did come to love Libby (even if she was a little freaky at points). She had been through a lot of a lot and is going through a lot in the book.  But at times I did find that her story was so much like the other sad young adult romance books.  But at the time when that was not bothering me. And yes, how crazy and silly she was at times did force me to take breaks from reading the book. But on the whole I liked Lily and her story.
As for Peter he was pretty good. Did it sometimes get on my nerves? Yes, but when taking this book for what it is there are many things about it that are good. First of all it's fun. And after your done reading it you feel good about life. You feel hopeful. Which is something that I don't feel a lot of times with poplar young adult books.
Over all not a lot to be said about this book other than I think fans of this book will like and happily ignore it's flaws.

( YA 14 and up)
Stars: * * *  3.0                                          Level: Sweet Summer Love



I was given a copy of the book by the publisher. This did not in anyway effect my review or thoughts on the book

1 comment:

  1. Wait how does it literally show that the character is between a rock and a hard place .. Intrigued*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I will be sure to write back as soon as I can so try to check back. and feel free to ask to me any questions you have :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails