Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Book: Into The Still Blue

As many of you know I did not like this series when I started it. But I found myself over the moon with happiness when I got a E-Galley of the book.
And while this book has it's many ups and downs -which I will get into in a moment- I have to say that this was the strongest book in the series all around. The story did nothing of what I thought it was going to do and it was over all very well planned and played out.
I loved how much the characters have changed and grown from start of the series. And how natural all the changes really feel. It's not forced or quick. it comes as it should.  I loved watching how things slowly changed between the characters. And the little bits of deep insight that I found with in their thoughts and feelings.
Also something that must be noted as a high light of the book was the use and attention payed to deal. Something that so many writers either over do and make their plans way too clear to the reader or something that is under done, leaving you going " huh?".
The only thing I had a hard time with was how rough the book was to read at times. For many reasons which I will not go into for fear of giving even the smallest of spoilers.
This book really was an epic ending to the series and on that I feel every author should look at for how you wrap up a series. Tight strong and fat free!
Over all it was a wonderful read that had me dreading putting the book down.

( YA - 15 and up)
Stars:  * * *  3.8       LEVEL: NIGHT CRAWLER



I was given a copy of the book by the publisher. This did not in anyway effect my review or thoughts on the book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I will be sure to write back as soon as I can so try to check back. and feel free to ask to me any questions you have :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails